A Bold New Year!
Happy New Year y'all! How wonderful was 2015?! To be honest I had some big dreams for 2015 (like starting this company!) and some came true and some...well they'll roll over to 2016. Let's be real, most of us will try to be healthier, try to spend less time on social media and more time with family, make more time to travel and finally read some of those books you've been stacking up on your nightstand.
But what if this year we dared to be bold? The new year is a great time to reevaluate what our last year has looked like and try and figure out what changes we can make to have an even better next year. However, what if this year our goals scared us a little bit. We aimed for those numbers or jobs that seem just out of reach but are actually what your heart really wants. It's easy to make a goal just because everyone else is or because of course you want to be healthier, but if you really sat down what would those big scary dreams actually be? To help get you started I've come up with some tips below!
- First start by making a vision board. I know this can sound a little hokey but trust me seeing your goals and desires visually on a regular basis means you are more likely to achieve those goals then someone who just thinks about them. Even just writing down a list and pinning it on your wall, desk or fridge is a great first step to actually achieving that goal.
- After creating some sort of vision board, see what your overall theme of desires is; new job, more money, better bod (but remember to stretch outside the box). Then make a list of just a couple things you can tangibly do to reach those goals.
- For example: Find Your Dream Job (scary and exciting!)
- Well more than likely you currently have a job, so why is that not your dream job? Making a list of things you do and don't like about your current job will you figure out what you are looking for in your dream job. Then start researching, go to networking events, email people in that industry, company or job and see if they would be open to grabbing coffee or even just passing your information along. You would be surprised at how helpful people can be when you are just genuine and honest.
- Again I am all about writing stuff down and visually seeing my progress so I would start a journal. It can be whatever you want it to be but as you start to write things down you will be able to look back and see how things worked out and come 2017 you'll really be able to appreciate just how far you have come.
- Enlist the help of your friends. If you are stumped on some new goals talk to people close to you. They might remember some crazy ideas you had that could actually turn out to be great new goals!
When it comes down to it, you might not achieve all your resolutions the way you thought you would, but that is the beauty of life. As things change and evolve so do your goals and dreams. They can become bigger or they can take on a whole new direction of their own. But just being open to pushing yourself out of the box and giving those dreams a chance is what's going to make 2016 a year to remember!
Cheers y'all <3