Chicken Sausage Quinoa Bake
Okay so I have been participating in the Advocare 24 Day Challange and loving it so far! Sometimes the hardest part with things like this is finding recipes that are filling, healthy and delicious. However, I lucked out with this sun-dried tomato, kale and chicken sausage quinoa bake! So much so that I have made it TWO weeks in a row! And it is husband approved as well :)
Sun-dried Tomato, Kale, Chicken Sausage Quinoa Bake
Recipe from Fit Foodie Finds
- 1 cup of quinoa, uncooked
-2 cups of chicken broth
-1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienne cut
-1 tablespoon of olive oil (you can use the olive oil from the sun-dried tomato jar)
-2 stalks of kale, de-stalked and chopped into bite-sized pieces
-5 chicken sausages, fully cooked and sliced into bite-sized pieces (I used Trader Joe's chicken sausage in the sun-dried tomato flavor and the garlic herb flavor)
-1/4 cup red onion, diced
-Salt and pepper to taste
-1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then place the quinoa and chicken broth at the bottom of your baking dish.
- Cut kale into bite sized pieces and evenly spread on top of quinoa.
- Then, sprinkle the sun-dried tomatoes and chopped red onion on top of the kale. Then, drizzle on the olive oil.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Finally, chop 5 fully cooked chicken sausages into bite-sized pieces and spread evenly on top of the bake.
- Place in oven for about 60 minutes or until quinoa is fully cooked through.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes and then serve!
Can't wait to see what you think! Enjoy!