Staying on Track When Life gets Hectic
We all have those days, weeks or even months where our busy and hectic life just seems to take over and our health and fitness life takes a back seat. I for one have totally been there. So what do you do when you feel like even finding 30 minutes in a day seems impossible?
Don’t fret you are not alone! While being totally realistic I have listed a few tips below to help you continue to feel healthy and happy even when you don’t have the time to even drive by the gym much less go in ;)
- This is a season and there is no reason to obsess and stress over the fact that the gym isn’t happening as often as you want. This season will end and you will have the opportunity to reevaluate and figure out a way to fit it back in. However, it's true the longer you go the harder it is to get back on track so this isn’t an excuse to put it off forever. But, stressing about it will only make it worse and will have even more negative effects on your body.
- Aim for 5-10 minutes a day. Seems doable right? This seems so small but really can make a difference in your day. Even when I worked at a desk job I got up every hour or two and would take a lap around the office outside or just a couple laps inside! Another tip for my desk job ladies is to sit on a stability ball! You might feel silly but I got a few other people in the office to eventually join me and it really helped when it came to moving, my posture and core stability!
- Every time you get up to go to the bathroom try and do 10 squats! Do 20 lunges when you wake up and before you hop into bed! This probably seems a little silly but you get the gist. Just giving yourself something simple to do prior to a normal routine thing will allow you to get in more movement throughout the day then you realize!
- Hire a personal trainer or find a dedicated workout buddy. Accountability is key sometimes in staying motivated and getting to the gym even when you don’t feel like you have the time. Knowing that someone will be there waiting for you significantly decreases the likelihood that you skip out. Friends are great but investing money into someone like a trainer gives you even more motivation to make sure it doesn’t go to waste! Feel free to reach out on our Contact page if you are interested in this!
- Focus on your nutrition! When we are stressed, tired and busy we tend to just eat what is quick and easy. However, these things tend to be higher in calories, carbs and fat. It's not your fault it's just that most grab and go snacks tend to not always be the healthiest. Try to do some of your meals from places like Snap Kitchen or My Fit Foods, they are healthy and will save you tons of time in a pinch! Otherwise, plan ahead as much as you can or bring snacks to work so you aren’t tempted by that vending machine during your 3pm slump.
- These are things you should definitely be doing but I wanted to be more creative than the basics ;)
- Drink water! I feel like I say this all the time and usually put it in most posts haha but there are so many benefits and when you don’t have the time to sweat it out at the gym, make sure you are still hydrating your body! You will feel more energized, your skin will look better and you will have a healthy glow about you!
- Make sleep a priority. If this is so busy of a time where working out is not a priority then your body is probably in need of some sleep and rejuvenation!
Hope these ideas were helpful! Are there any tips or tricks you have to staying on track even when things are busy? I would love to hear them in the comments below :)Stay