Why You Aren't Reaching Your Goals...YET!
Holiday's are right around the corner and that means it's about to be that time again where we start making resolutions and promises to make changes. But you don't have to wait till January to start making the changes you really want for yourself. Stop using a new week, a new month, or a new year to justify not starting right now!
Okay, so now I have (hopefully) convinced you to stop delaying and get started. But I know the struggle is real. You feel like you keep stopping and starting over and over again to the point where you just don't know if you can actually follow through..trust me I have been there too. But I've hopefully got some tips and insights to make you aware of where you are getting stuck and tricks to get out of that rut! So come January you'll be working towards things you didn't even imagine and leaving those basic goals behind ;)
- Problem: LAZINESS. It is easy to fall into that trap and it can suck you in and set you back days, weeks or even months toward your goals.
- Solution: Set a plan in place. Whether it's preparing everything the night before or the week of, plan ahead. Planning forces you to see how these things will fit in your schedule and helps you manage your time better. When you know you already have the time set aside, the workout clothes set out, or the food prepped, it is harder to just disregard all that effort. You can simply go on autopilot and reap the benefits of the 'you' that already took care of all the details, and now you just have to show up and go through the motions. Sometimes that's all it takes, you just showing up. Some days will be better than others but when you plan your day/week out you are much more likely to actually follow through.
- Problem: FEAR. The fear of the unknown, failure, disappointment, can be almost paralyzing, but you do not have to let that takeover and keep you from moving forward.
- Solution: Remember why you really started. Like the really REAL reason you are doing this. Fear is a powerful thing but when you put that face to face with a deep desire to succeed , fear does not have to win. What is the worst thing that could happen? People judge you? You lose your job (probably the one you don't like anyways)? You fail? Once you face what the worst thing could be, decide what you would do if that happened. Come up with a plan, and then, get back on following that dream. Because once we put a name to our fear it becomes less powerful. We realize that no matter how bad it gets, we can still deal with it and move forward.
- Problem: EXCUSES.
- Solution: Get yourself some accountability! Whether this is a friend, business partner, app, trainer, checklist, calendar, whatever, find something that holds you accountable. Even using multiple things can really ensure success and follow through. Having a buddy go to the gym with you or getting to put an X on another day you completed a project can motivate you even when you really don't want too. You just need to find out what that thing is. You can even try coming up with little "punishments" if you don't complete the task as an extra incentive if you know you will really struggle in the beginning.
Keep in mind that our dreams change. Our goals and what we want will not always look the same month after month and year after year. But sometimes we talk ourselves into believing that we are not worthy of the goals we have set out for ourselves and THAT is what we need to fight against. What are some of the goals you would like to complete before the new year? Or ones you want to build on once the new year comes around?
Is one of your goals getting back on track with a healthy lifestyle? Contact us here and we can get you started on a program today!