The Kalon Life December Booklist!
The holiday season is a crazy one but taking a little time to unwind and read can be so helpful and important in destressing! So here are the five books that I am loving right now!
- The F-Factor Diet by Tanya Zuckerbrot! I first heard about this book when I listened to a podcast with The Skinny Confidential and the creator of the F-Factor. It was fascinating and so helpful in understanding just how important fiber is in our diet! The book is packed with scientific research, applicable lifestyle tips and delicious recipes! This is an easy guide going in to the holiday season to limit weight gain and still be able to enjoy yourself!
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield! This book was recommended to me way back when I first started TKL and I recently just got around to reading it...which in itself is ironic because the whole purpose of the book is to empower creatives to fight the resistance to not follow our dreams. This book has been inspiring and encouraging in a season of change that makes those things feel a little distant sometimes.
- Tribe of Mentors by Tim Ferriss! TJ and I were lucky enough to go see Tim speak in Austin and have him sign our copy but while we waited for his talk to start we got a chance to read a handful of the interviews and they were awesome! He keeps them short and simple but impactful. He interviews what seems like a couple hundred people ranging from actors to entrepreneurs, athletes to inventors. The tagline is "Short life advice from the best in the world" and that is exactly what is delivered!
- Eat Beautiful by Wendy Rowe! This book is all about how foods and your diet affect your skin! And as we age these are important factors that we have control over so we might as well take initiative now. Figure out how to target specific concerns and nourish your skin best with this beautiful book!
- Truly, Madly, Guilty by Liane Moriarty! This is her latest book and definitely a perfect indulging fiction book! I recommend any of her books if you have flights or lots of downtime and just want to escape. It follows three couples who are processing the events of a dinner party one night that changed them forever!
So whether you want to read to be inspired, to get away or to learn, I've got ya covered! Thinking about making this a monthly regular, what do yall think?!
Are there any that you recommend this season?